STOCK MARKET UPDATE

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kidney sales in Afghanistan

 

 Man falls for WhatsApp ad and tries to sell kidney for Rs 1.6 crore.

Selling a kidney for a piece of bread at the same time as the Taliban took over Afghanistan A large number of IDPs who immigrated to Herat province of Afghanistan due to poverty and lack of resources say that they were forced to sell their kidneys due to poverty and unemployment. Gholam Nabi is also one of the victims who sold his kidney for 100 thousand Afghanis due to economic problems. He says that he did not have the financial ability to treat his wife, so he was forced to sell his kidney and save his wife from death. Horiyah the wife of Gholam Nabi also says that her husband is always at home and cannot do anything since he sold his kidney. Horiyah says that now that she has recovered to some extent, she sometimes goes to her neighbors' houses and cleans her neighbors' houses. This elderly couple is suffering from economic problems and they say that they live in a rented house and cannot afford to pay the rent or buy their food. Although Gholam Nabi sold his kidney to treat his wife, the story of Leelma is the opposite Leilma is an internally displaced person who came to Herat from Faryab province due to economic problems and the recent civil wars between the Taliban and the former government. She says that I was living in one of the unsafe areas of Faryab, and at the same time with the conflicts, I was afraid that we might be killed, so we came to Herat. For some time, we lived in the town of Shidayi immigrants and we were overcome by economic problems until I had to sell my kidney. Leilma is mother in low also says that we got into a lot of debt and decided that one of the family members will sell his kidney. She adds that Leilma accepted this and sold her kidney to a private hospital in Herat for 150 thousand Afghanis, but now not only is there no money left, but Leilma has also lost her health and is now in a difficult situation. . Leilma and Gholam Nabi are not the only victims of this case, but Adela, an 11-year-old girl who has just finished the second grade of her school, is worried that her family has decided to sell her. Adela says that I wished to study and serve the people of my country, but now my mother has decided to sell me due to economic problems. I asked the mother of Adela that she was looking for another way to prevent her daughter from being sold. Her mother says there is no other way because I don't know anyone who can help me. My husband is an addict and I haven't heard from him for more than two years. About a year ago, I came to Herat with my eleven-year-old daughter and six-year-old son. I sold my kidney for 180,000 Afghanis, but now our economic situation has worsened and I am also sick. I don't want to sell my daughter, but there is no other way. Before this decision, I went to the doctor and said that I want to sell my second kidney. But the doctor advised that if I sell this it will kill me. And for now, I decided to sell my eleven-year-old daughter Adela at any price. Selling kidneys in the current situation and after the fall of the government of the Republic of Afghanistan in the hands of the Taliban is the only source of income for the poor people of Afghanistan. According to reports, most of those who have sold their kidneys are either internally displaced or people whose economic problems have overwhelmed them. Meanwhile, some doctors say that the main reason for selling kidneys is economic poverty. Although in the previous government, a number of people sold their kidneys, but after the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, the number of kidney sales as well as the sale of children has increased significantly. 

Rohullah danish 

Rohullah danish

1st degree connection
Journalist at Donyae now TV

 

Social media is bold.


Social media is young.

Social media raises questions.

 Social media is not satisfied with an answer.

Social media looks at the big picture.

 Social media is interested in every detail.

social media is curious.

 Social media is free.

Social media is irreplaceable.

But never irrelevant.

Social media is you.

(With input from news agency language)

 If you like this story, share it with a friend!  


We are a non-profit organization. Help us financially to keep our journalism free from government and corporate pressure

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Custom Real-Time Chart Widget

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

market stocks NSC